On the occasion of the proclamation of May 16 as “International Day of Light and Light-Based Technologies” by the United Nations Organization, the Master’s Degree in Laser Physics and Technology” announces the V edition of the Photo Contest “Day of the light”.
Attostructura collaborates and is part of the jury of the contest. Other members of the jury are:
- the Salamanca Local Section of the Royal Spanish Society of Physics.
- the Spanish Society of Optics SEDOPTICA.
- the magazine Óptica Pura y Aplicada.
- the University Association OSAL Student Chapter.
- the Supernova University Association.
- the Physics League University Association.
The contest is open to undergraduate, master’s or doctoral students, professors and members of the university community of the University of Salamanca and the University of Valladolid, as well as graduates of the Master’s Degree in Laser Physics and Technology who are not part of the jur
The participation period is open until May 12. Each participant can send up to two photographs to each of the established categories:
- Technologies of light and Optical Phenomena
- The laser
4 prizes will be awarded:
- First prize in the Light Technologies and Optical Phenomena category: 200 euros.
- Second prize in the Light Technologies and Optical Phenomena category: 100 euros.
- First prize in the Laser category: 200 euros.
- Second prize in the Laser category: 100 euros.
In addition, those winners who are undergraduate, master’s or doctoral students will receive one year of free subscription to the Royal Spanish Physics Society with online access to the Physics Journal. The winning photographs will be published in the Pure and Applied Optics magazine of the Spanish Optical Society (SEDOPTICA).
The complete rules of the competition are available on the website of the Master’s Degree in Physics and Technology of Lasers (laser.usal.es/posgrado)