PhD in Physics (2013). Currently working as Assistant Professor at University of Salamanca (Spain), in the Research Group in Photonics and Laser Applications (ALF-USAL). Previously, I worked for two years as Research Associate at JILA, University of Colorado at Boulder (USA), within a European Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship, for the period 2013-2016. Principal Investigator of a “Beca Leonardo” funded by Fundación BBVA (2017).
Personal website: diarium.usal.es/carloshergar
Fields of interest: Laser-matter Interaction, Ultrafast Phenomena, Nonlinear Optics, High-order Harmonic Generation and Propagation, Attosecond and Zeptosecond Physics, Orbital and Spin Angular Momentum, among others.
Citation Metrics: (as of 07/12/2018, GS=Google Scholar, WoS=Web of Science).
Total peer reviewed articles indexed in JCR: 39 (37 in Q1)
Total publications (including proceedings): 90 (GS), 57 (WoS).
Sum of the times cited: 2170 (GS), 1495 (WoS)
h-index: 16 (GS), 15 (WoS)
- “Controlling the polarization and vortex charge of attosecond high-harmonic beams via simultaneous spin-orbit momentum conservation”, Kevin M. Dorney, Laura Rego, Nathan J. Brooks, Julio San Román, Chen-Ting Liao, Jennifer L. Ellis, Dmitriy Zusin, Christian Gentry, Quynh L. Nguyen, Justin. M. Shaw, Antonio Picón, Luis Plaja, Henry C. Kapteyn, Margaret M. Murnane, Carlos Hernández-García, Nature Photonics (2018). Received 29 May 2018; Published 10 December 2018.
- “Ultraintense femtosecond magnetic nanoprobes induced by azimuthally polarized laser beams”, Manuel Blanco, Ferran Cambronero, M. Teresa Flores-Arias, E. Conejero Jarque, Luis Plaja, Carlos Hernández-García, ACS Photonics, in press (2018). Published 7 December 2018.
- “Ptychographic amplitude and phase reconstruction of bichromatic vortex beams”, Y. Esashi, C.-T. Liao, B. Wang, N. Brooks, K. M. Dorney, C. Hernández-García, H. Kapteyn, D. Adams, M. Murnane, Optics Express, in press (2018). Accepted 15 October 2018.
- “Auger-induced charge migration”, A. Picón, C. Bostedt, C. Hernández-García, L. Plaja, Physical Review A 98, 043433 (2018). Received 22 February 2018. Published 26 October 2018.
- “Polarization Control of Isolated High-Harmonic Pulses”, Pei-Chi Huang, Carlos Hernández-García, Jen-Ting Huang, Po-Yao Huang, Chih-Hsuan Lu, Laura Rego, Daniel Hickstein, Jennifer Ellis, Agnieszka Jaron-Becker, Andreas Becker, Shang-Da Yang, Charles Durfee, Luis Plaja, Henry Kapteyn, Margaret Murnane, Andy Kung, and Ming-Chang Chen, Nature Photonics 12, 349-354 (2018). Published 23 April 2018.
- “High harmonics with spatially varying ellipticity”, Jennifer Ellis, Daniel D. Hickstein, Nathan J. Brooks, Christian Gentry, Carlos Hernández-García, Dimitriy Zusin, Justin M. Shaw, Quynh L. Nguyen, Christopher A. Mancuso, G. S. Matthijs Jansen, Stefan Witte, Henry C. Kapteyn, and Margaret M. Murnane, Optica 5, 479 (2018). Published 14 April 2018.
- “Helicity-selective enhancement and polarization control of attosecond high harmonic waveforms driven by bichromatic circularly polarized laser fields”, Kevin M. Dorney, Jennifer L. Ellis, Carlos Hernández-García, Daniel D. Hickstein, Christopher A. Mancuso, Nathan Brooks, Tingting Fan, Guangyu Fan, Dmitriy Zusin, Christian Gentry, Patrik Grychtol, Henry C. Kapteyn, and Margaret M. Murnane, Physical Review Letters 119, 063201 (2017). Published 8 August 2017.
- “Extreme ultraviolet vector beams driven by infrared lasers”, Carlos Hernández-García, Alex Turpin, Julio San Román, Antonio Picon, Rokas Drevinskas, Ausra Cerkauskaite, Peter G. Kazansky, Charles G. Durfee, and Iñigo J. Sola, Optica 4, 520-526 (2017). Published 4 May 2017.
- “A twist in coherent X-rays”, Carlos Hernández-García, Nature Physics 13, 327-329 (2017). Published 5 April 2017.